The 10 Cents a Meal for Michigan’s Kids & Farms application is open through November 2nd!
If you are a school district interested in the program, check for an email from the Michigan Department of Education sent Tuesday, October 27. It will include a link to the application.
10 Cents a Meal is a state of Michigan matching grant program that helps schools purchase Michigan-grown fruits, vegetables, and dry beans. Schools match the grant funds with their existing school food dollars, usually federal.
If you are an early childhood education center interested in the program, check with your CACFP sponsor, and make sure your sponsor has seen the same October 27 email from the Michigan Department of Education. You can find more resources on our Tools for Schools page, and at MSU Center for Regional Food Systems.
The deadline is Monday, November 2nd at 5 p.m.
For questions about the application, please contact Liana Bennett, [email protected] or Jaime Malnar, [email protected]
The application is competitive. The more thorough your application response is, the better chance you will have to be granted funds.
- Click here to see our application guide.
- To learn more about the grant and the success districts have had visit tencentsmichigan.org.
- Community members can also support local schools and early childhood education centers in success, and get involved! Check out this page for some ideas!
October is National Farm to School Month, and the perfect time for Farm to School activities -- the very types of activities that help schools and early childhood education centers be strong applicants and grantees. Community members have lots of opportunities to help.
- National Farm to School Month was designated by Congress in 2010, making this year’s campaign the 10th anniversary of National Farm to School Month celebrations. Find a list of resources to help you celebrate, here.
- Governor Whitmer recently proclaimed October as Farm to School Month in Michigan! Read more on our blog, and check out the full press release.
- The Michigan Apple Crunch is taking place through the entire month of October! Visit the Cultivate Michigan registration page to ensure your crunch is counted. Then, share your plans, photos from your event, and follow along on Facebook @miapplecrunch. Check out Cultivate Michigan and Taste the Local Difference resources to help you source Michigan apples from distributors and food hubs for your institutions and promote them in your cafeterias.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter